Longwood Gardens

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

 
 We met Mom and Dad in Philadelphia for Memorial Day weekend. (It's about halfway between us.)Although I've been to Philly many times, we did some really different things this time. Our favorite stop was at Longwood Gardens in the suburbs of Philadelphia. 


 
We spent almost 5 hours rambling around the various gardens and the conservatory. The kids really enjoyed the topiary garden, the Italian water garden, and the scented plants that were marked all through the garden. 
Jason was giddy over the vegetable gardens. I thought the perrenial gardens were the best. There were also woodland gardens, annual gardens, and rose gardens. 
We walked until our feet were bloody stumps and then rested and walked some more.


 

4 comments:

Dustin, Darci, Britton, Benjamin, & Caden said...

fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

SOOOO pretty! I want to see those bloody stumps. I love your shirt!

PS that last post was by me, but I realized I was under bryan's account so I tried to edit it and then it ended up a huge mess...just so you know, some weirdo isn't trying to comment on your blog!

Mary said...

Your boys are so big!! It looks like you had fun!! We miss you!